Wednesday 18 February 2015

Photographer Research- Jerry Uelsmann

Photographer Information 



Why I chose this photographer

I choose Jerry Uelsmann as a photographer to research as I found his work to explore some areas of photomontage which I had not considered. I think it would be beneficial to research him in more depth to widen my point of view of the topic. 

Photographer Examples 


I like how this image has been created by just more than two images. I find it interesting how before the hands the image would still create a interesting surrealism effect due to the boy standing on clouds. I think by then placing this image inside the hands/ placing the hand outline on the image has help to an integrating piece. 



I like the ideas and strong messages portrayed within many of his images. I like how these roots represent how a home is where the roots of the family are. Where a family are together and grounded and safe and secure. 


Many of Jerry Uelsmann's pieces have this very unique and different ideas. I like how this piece has no necessary need to have the lips placed on the road and no direct message it has to put across or make people think. Its purpose is to simply be an interesting piece and make people question. 



I like how these two images have been placed together to create this image. I find the idea of this image however quite weird and different as in my mind i can not find a direct link or reason why the two images are put together. This is what i like about some of his work to create questions and test what people find as normal and question truths and realities.

Influence 

Jerry Uelsmann has influenced my work in the way I am less worried to be different and try ideas and if they don't worry then it was a learning curve. I think his work helped me to realise not all pieces have to have a depth meaning and within this topic you can create in a sense random images which you simply done because they look good and enjoy to create.

Summary

Overall I enjoyed looking into his work and find him to be a interesting and unique artist. I like how he approach's the topic and his ideas as well as the inspiration he creates for others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment